It’s only two days till Lollapalooza begins! The excitement is in the air all around Chicago. But before you head to the park, check out a few tips and must see bands.
1. Bring a totem. A totem is anything that is very tall that you can hold up to be spotted in a crowd. Flags and balloons work great. When the cell phone towers get overwhelmed at this large of a festival, you’ll be glad you still have a way to indicate where you are standing.
2. Don’t wait in lines. Whenever there is a long line somewhere, chances are if you continue walking a bit further, you’ll find a less common food stand, bathroom, etc.
3. Have fun! If you lose your friends, don’t stress about it. You are surround by thousands of potential new ones!
Must see bands:
1. Meg Meyers – Entertainment Weekly called her “everything we want in a singer – angry, damaged, and supremely talented.” While a review in music industry trade hitsdailydouble.com described her as “still a little raw around the edges, but if she can manage to harness that power, Meg Myers has the kind of fierce presence that evokes the likes of femme fatales such as Fiona Apple, Patti Smith, Cat Power, Alanis Morrissette and Sinéad O’Connor, and that’s some pretty impressive company.” (from Wikipedia)
2. The Temper Trap – These guys from Australia know how to rock. The last time they played at Lolla, their set was one of the most consistently energetic spectacles of the festival. Be ready to move when you approach the stage for their performance.
3. Foster the People – This band exploded on to the scene with their hit “Pumped Up Kicks”. Their latest album, Supermodel proves this hit wasn’t a fluke. The new single, “Coming of Age”, could be just as big of a hit. The sky is the limit for this group.