Local H has been a staple of the Chicago rock scene since the 90’s. Five highlights of their recent show at Chop Shop are as follows:
- The music of Local H encourages movement and tonight the crowd is enjoying being part of mosh pits, crowd surfing, and watching a stage diver.
- As the band plays hits such as “Hands on the Bible” and “All-Right (Oh, Yeah)”, everyone sings along and pumps their fists to the rocking rhythm.
- “California Songs” should be an official Midwest anthem. It puts down the west coast… and New York too.
- Local H performs and the movie, Over the Edge, is projected on the wall behind them. At one point, Scott Lucas pauses and says, “This is my favorite part.”
- Playing “High-Fiving MF” brings to mind the Offspring’s “Bad Habit” in terms of the cursing and intensity.
See the full setlist here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/local-h/2015/1st-ward-chicago-il-73f77e11.html
See the preview article here.